Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Garage Band...

 

Not the app you get free with your Apple device.

I try to get a blog post in most days.  Today, I had music with the guys at Mark's place.  I got there early to help get equipment set up, then stayed late to get things put away.  He and I set up the mics and PA, so that takes more time.

It was a good time today - Tom had 3 guests: his wife, sister-in-law, and a friend of theirs, along with Cindy (Mark's wife).  They went out for lunch while we were getting started, then had to leave early for Cindy's yoga class.  But, we had an actual audience for a good hour or so.  Not to mention the occasional neighbor slowly walking by (we were in Mark's garage... yes, a garage band today).

--------

This morning, while visiting with Joan and watching Murphy run around the place like a wildcat (the boy can make us laugh), I had a realization.  About our cats.

Smoke was our first; lived to be almost 22 years old.  She was a great cat.  The rest of the cats have reminded me of different celebrities.

Molly was Oprah - a big personality that drew people in.  She liked everybody and everybody liked her.  However, she never said to us, "You get a car!  And you get a car!"

Izzy was Claudia Schiffer.  Long, lean, and moved with elegance in her walk.  I called her our feline supermodel.  People would look as we walked by, but they weren't always sure they should approach.

Rufus was Clark Gable.  Rough and tumble, self-assured.  He had a look and charm that drew people to him, especially the ladies.  Joan called him my chick-magnet when he and I were out walking...the ladies all wanted to run their fingers through his fur (and he loved it).  Yes, I was his wingman.

And now Murphy.  Murph reminds me of Squiggy (David Lander) of Laverne & Shirley fame.  He makes us laugh with his kittenish antics.  We have yet to see how he does out in public, since most of our walking has been in our yard.  As he matures, that comparison to Andrew Squiggman (yes, that was his character's real name) may change.  ;-)  He has not yet been exposed to other people (besides Steph and Dan) in our walks.



No comments: