Thursday, March 7, 2024

So that's the way the day is going to go...

 

I woke up this morning with something tickling my face.  No, it wasn't Joan gently caressing me... it was Murphy's tail.  When I opened my eyes, I was staring right into his ass... and he was backing it closer to me.  Yep, that puckery cat butt will wipe away the groggy!

It was a precursor of the way the day was trying to go.  The furry boy was full of energy and raring to go.  I got up and got him his breakfast.  It didn't make him sleepy - it energized him further.  The house is is race track and he is a Formula One cat.

Joan thought inviting Tango over might help settle Murphy's case of the zoomies.  It didn't.  There was some All Star Wrestling, but Tango finally said, "I'm going home - this kid wears me out."


 "Who?  Me?"

Joan took him outside for a while - he seemed content in his catio... until it started sprinkling.  'Cause that's the way the day is going.  Finally, after lunch, Murph settled in.  Now I just want to go play some bagpipes next to him.

--------

The State of the Union speech is tonight.  It will be one old guy telling us how good everything is, while another old, but oranger, guy will say, "That's not true.  I am the best President ever and he is the worst.  Everybody says so."  When the truth of the matter is: how the hell are these two guys the best we can come up with to guide this country in these trying times??

I don't generally discuss political stuff on this blog, and I'll zap any political comments posted here.  I have said that I could solve all the world's problems if I were the Emperor of the World (by unanimous proclamation)... I don't say that any longer - I am too old for that job.  And these two guys are older than I am.  I dread what is ahead for the American public with this upcoming election.  One guy that can't remember what he had for breakfast and the other a fear-monger spewing constant lies.  We used to look up to our Presidents; now it seems most Americans don't approve of either choice, while each seems to have a small, but rabidly fanatic, group of supporters.  Prepare to be bombarded by a nastier than usual political advertising season.

This would be a good case for getting another cruising boat and going way from civilization for the next 8 months.  But, I am too old for that stuff.  ;-)

--------

Just before 1:00, the rain started pounding.  Followed by hail!

Looks like snow out there.  Along with thunder and lightning.  On the bright side the hail is small.  On the even bright side, when it started hailing, I pulled our car into Steph and Dan's garage (ours is full of bikes).

Yep, this is how the day is going.  Murphy didn't seem affected by the storm.  Checking in on Steph and Dan's 3 kitties, they seem fine.  The house is well insulated, with a tile roof, so it was quiet in comparison to being in the motorhome.  Sure looked ugly, watching it build up in our courtyard.


No comments: