Tuesday, March 26, 2024

I am consistent...

 

Sometimes it takes a while.

The Facebook Memory from 6 years ago recounted a visit to a motorcycle dealer to check out a low advertised price on a Suzuki Burgman 200.  It turned out that was a complete sham.  As is typical with many motorcycle dealers, all the added bullshit fees amounted to almost the same amount as the low advertised price.  I told them where they could shove their bullshit fees and we walked.  When we were gearing up to get on our scoots, the salesguy came running out and said, "OK, you win - come back in and we'll write this up."

I said, "You can keep that ******* bike.  Buying a bike shouldn't be about winning or losing - I feel sorry for you that you have to work in a job where you have to lie and try to cheat people."  We left.  I won't mention the name of that dealer, but the initials are: Ride Now in Surprise, AZ.

And now, 6 years later, I am riding that same model scoot.


We went home to Texas not long after that encounter, and I bought that first Vespa from a private party in Harlingen.  That Vespa eventually led to a new 2020 Vespa.  And, coincidentally, I sold that 2020 Vespa 2 years ago today.  (Facebook Memories are a bit like a diary.)

That Vespa was a beautiful scoot... sexy Italian design (to my eye).  I guess I am consisted with color choice, too: my last 3 bikes (the Vespa, the CTX, and the Burgman 200) have all been a similar dark blue color.  Looking back, if I had bought that Burgman 200 6 years ago, would it still be enough?

Here's a look at the current stable of bikes...


That's the Burgman up front, Joan's Xmax to the left, and the CTX at the back.  This makes me want to go for a ride.  :-)

--------

I had a great afternoon of making music with Mark and Ron - these two are good musicians, and great people; it's always fun when we get together.  We learned a couple new songs and refined several others.

As usual, traffic was thick on my way home - mass quantities of people heading out of downtown Phoenix.  When I got home, Joan had supper ready to serve.  A good meal, and discussion of each of our days.  She had already fed Murphy (twice), so I took him outside to get some fresh air.  The sky to the west looked like this...


Yep, the sprinkles started a few seconds later.  We scurried around, putting patio furniture cushions away and trying to herd Murphy towards the door.  The boy is fast.  And can do a good fake, zigging when you think he is going to zag.


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

We never got around to seeing the bikes during my visit!! Must have been having fun playing guitar and petting cats.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

I didn't know you had any interest in checking them out, Earl. I'm always happy to show my other life-long passion, besides music and chasing the Blonde around.