Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Alarm...


Rufus can be like an alarm clock in the morning... when he thinks it's time for his breakfast.  That isn't the alarm I'm talking about.

There was a steady rain overnight.  It got down to 51º, so we had some heat running.  I slept great.  First time in a long time that I was in bed before 10:30, and I didn't see any of the Tonight Show.  A good first night in the coach.

I stirred a bit just before 6:00am, and Rufus took that as his clue that he should nudge and snuggle with me.  After a few minutes of kitty time, I was ready to get up.  Trying to be quiet, I started my morning ritual: feed Rufus, take my blood pressure pills, and get my morning wake-me-up (hot chocolate and a Biscoff) going.

In the middle of all that, the car alarm went off.  I turned on our outside light and got the car keys out of my jeans.  Pretty sure we had the nearby neighborhood awake by that point.  I clicked the alarm off, got out a raincoat (everyone in our coach was awake by now), grabbed a flashlight and a weapon, and went out into the rain.

Everything looks fine at first glance... no broken glass or sign that anything in the car has been disturbed.  I will look closer at daylight.

Joan said, "This may not be a good time to check your blood pressure."  Good point.  ;-)


No comments: