Monday, January 27, 2020

Whew!


The Eagle has landed.  If you said, " Neil Armstrong, when the first man-made craft (the "Eagle") landed on the moon, now used to indicate the completion of a 'mission objective'," you get 10 bonus points.  And, in our case: the Aspect has landed.

It was an uneventful trip from Tucson to Goodyear - just the way we like it.  Leaving Tucson...


A landmark...


Picacho Peak.  This was one of the "we made it to the warmth" signs when we first started getting away from the frozen northland in the winter.  And, a symbol of the desert...


Not the Variable Speed Limit Corridor sign - the Saguaro Cactus.  It makes me thirsty just looking at it.  ;-) 

One new thing along our route: the Loop 202 is now complete from south of Phoenix, west then north, back to I-10.  I don't think it saves miles, but it completely eliminates the city traffic - we breezed through doing 60 to 65 mph, with no slow-downs.  From there, it was I-10 to our exit.

Steph had let us know that there is road construction blocking our usual way to the RV park.  The work-around is 1 mile further on the frontage road, then come back a half mile or so.  No problem.

Joan went to the office to get us checked in, then we started our settling-in set-up.  This is a lot more than for an over-night stop.  Joan staked down two patio mats while I got the utilities set up.  Your sewer hose isn't allowed to "touch the ground" in Arizona, so I have to do more set-up to make that happen.  We unloaded the cargo trailer, getting the scoots unstrapped and ready to ride.  Being the helpful guy I am, I did take them each up and down the street to make sure all is good with them; it is.  The coach is leveled, the utilities connected, the slides are out... we are getting settled in.



Steph and Dan came by after work.  This is a busy time for them - it is good to see them again.  Time to make plans.  I called my buddy Mark - there is music to be made!

I don't think we'll run out of things to do for the next couple months.

;-)


No comments: