Friday, January 31, 2020

Any stars you want to see?


I'm kinda partial to Halle Berry.  What?  Not that kind of star?

Tonight was the star gazing at Steph's school.  Joan, Dan and I had supper out.  Steph requested that we stop at Chick-fil-A to pick up something for her and her teaching teammate.  She thought I was exaggerating when I said there were 4,000 cars in the drive up for Chick-fil-A... maybe a bit... there was 4,003.  Dan went inside while Joan and I stayed in his vehicle... and tried to figure out how to lock the doors.  Yes, we were a bit later than intended in getting to the star gazing.  Did I mention: 4,003 cars in the drive up?

When we got there, we downloaded Skyview Lite on our phones.  This is cool...



There was a group of students and parents taking turns viewing through the telescopes...


That particular one was set for viewing the Moon - impressive detail, but I couldn't get my phone to "see" through the telescope to get a photo.

They were also handing out charts for where the stars would be in the sky in February...


An interesting diversion.  Odds are pretty good that we would not have done this if Steph hadn't been involved.  But, the desserts at Portillo's (where we ate) were quite tasty!  ;-)


No comments: