Wednesday, January 8, 2020

There - I said it...


While Joan was cutting my hair this morning, I said it.  No, it wasn't a critique on her barbering skills - she has been cutting my hair for years and always does a great job.  Besides, there are two rules I try to live by:

* Do not anger a person with a sharp object in their hand (like scissors).
* Do not piss off the person who is handling your food.

Those rules have served me well over the years.  Oh, sure, there are those 10 Commandment things and that whole Golden Rule... but I think those two should be added to any list.

No, this has to do with looking ahead; I said, "I can be ready to pull the boat out anytime."  We haven't used the boat as much this season; starting in October, Mother Nature was sending us northers at a rate of about one per week.  When the weather is good, we have to choose between the boat or the scoots, and Joan is really enjoying her new scoot.  And I am having fun with my Vespa.  If it weren't for the dolphins, I might think the boat is more work than I care to do these days.  Might.

So, sometime in the next week, we'll get the boat trailer out of our storage unit, pull the boat, and start the clean-up and put away process.


No comments: