Sunday, January 19, 2020

One In A Million...


I get statistics on this blog.  No, I have no idea who is looking at it, but there is a breakdown by device used (Mac, PC, iPad, etc), country, and referred by.  Back when iPads were new, a lot of the referrals came from Google searches, since we were one of the first proponents of using iOS for marine navigation... at a time when even the "geniuses" (genii) at the Apple Store said that doesn't work.  (Yeah, they were wrong.)

For us, this blog has been a bit of a diary.  I first started it so our daughter could see what we were doing.  Prior to the blog, I used to do a printed newsletter that went out weekly or so to a select few.  Yeah, we went through a lot of printer ink.

When I first got on Facebook, I would occasionally post a link to this blog there... views would spike.  I eventually tightened up who could see my Facebook posts and stopped putting a link there.  There have been other blogs who referred readers to this one (Living the RV Dream, Trawler Driftaway, etc).

Sometimes I have an event to write about; other times it is my take on the things I see around us.  Our cats (Smoke in the newsletters, Molly, Izzy, and Rufus here) have figured prominently.  Life events.  Work experiences (even though we had been retired from the studio for a couple years prior to starting this blog).  Occasionally, we take "a stroll" through the posts to remember something specific.

Sometime during the early morning hours today, the number of views of this blog passed the one million mark.  I am surprised and humbled by that number.  Thanks for taking a moment to look in.


2 comments:

Kent said...

One Million? Wow..
Dave A.K.A. Drift Away just wrote a sad but true note about himself..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Kent. I read that. It is tough how one incident can change your life. I hope for the best for Dave.