Friday, January 3, 2020

A different kind of wrap...


After a doctor's appointment today, we took down the outdoor Christmas decorations.  Yep, that season is done.  That's not the wrap.

Neither is this: at the doctor's office, he put on the rubber gloves.  He checked out my junk, then stuck a finger up... well, you know.  When I've had this done in the past, the doctor always says, "Sorry for this..." before he starts.  This guy said "Sorry for that," after he was done.  I said, "No problem - that's the best date I've had in a while."  Apparently, he's heard that before, or left his sense of humor up my ass.

What?  Oversharing again?  It was a memorable part of my day.  No, I did not say, "Highlight."  Sometimes, it is the unusual that finds its way onto the page here.

I went for a bike (as in: bicycle ride) this afternoon.  You see different things in the afternoon than you do in the morning.  Mornings seem to be filled with people taking their dogs for a poop walk.  Late afternoon, it is just people out in their cars, trucks, and golf carts.  There was a woman today who got out of her car, wearing a snakeskin pair of capri pants and a tunic top.  It was a lot of snakeskin.  My mind went to a National Geographic show where it showed a python that ate a goat.  Whole.  And, as a doctor once told me: "Sorry about that..."

The other wrap.  I like to listen to podcasts overnight.  Well, not so much "listen to" as it is white noise to sleep to.  Over the years, I have tried earbuds, but several years ago, Joan bought me an Acoustical Sheep.  No, it is not a lamb playing a guitar... it is a headband with bluetooth speakers.  They say they are for sleeping and/or exercising.  They last all night on a charge.  Unfortunately, the wires connecting the bluetooth controller to the charger fitting are so thin that they last exactly 13 months... on an item with a 12 month warranty.  They aren't cheap, and I have now gone through my third set.

As with all things electronic, cheap Chinese alternatives now abound.  Joan ordered me a headband with bluetooth speakers in it for about 1/5 the price that I have been paying for the others.  And, Amazon delivers them to my mailbox in two days.

It's a look...


The headband is a bit wider than the previous ones I've had.  May be a bit warm.  We'll see how it plays out, but the price was right.


No comments: