Wednesday, January 1, 2020

A fresh start...


It is the start of another year.

After getting myself good and woke (young people think they invented that word to mean standing up against injustice - it still means the past tense of wake to me), I hoped to get in a bike ride this morning.  Mother Nature had other plans... I got in about a mile and half of riding before the sprinkles started.  And not the good kind of sprinkles, like on your ice cream.  Not wanted to get soaked, I headed for home.

It isn't a pounding rain - more of what I call "nuisance rain"... it's enough to keep me from going out on the scoot or the boat, but not enough to give us some reasonable accumulation.

It has the makings of a lazy day.  Joan made us a nice breakfast; I cleaned up and made some music.  When I sat down with my computer, the question of "What are your guitar plans for this new year?" came up on the carbon fiber guitar sub-forum...

Well, I have 55 years of guitar playing in, so I guess I showed all those people who said, "He'll never stay with it." Of course, they were all older than me, so... you know.

Considering all that time, I really should be better than what I am, so I guess I'll just plug along, continuing to excel at being a mediocre player. It's getting to the point that I may no longer be able to get by on my looks. I may learn a new chord, but I'm not making that a New Year's resolution so I don't set myself up for disappointment.


I did sell two guitars recently, but have no GAS at this time; no plan to replace. It may be foolhardy to put that in writing.


Happy New Year!


I have been exercising and doing what I can to keep improving with the new hip.  Continuing that is a goal (not a resolution) for this new year.  I also plan on helping to eliminate all the Christmas goodies we still have on hand;  I'm helpful that way.

One other hope: to be able to rest like Rufus...


That boy knows how to relax.  Joan calls him my shadow.  He sat in the chair with me this morning.  Waited by the door when I went for a bike ride.  Provided "security" for me while I was cleaning up (he guards the bathroom door so no one can get me while I'm vulnerable), then came into the music room when I pulled a guitar off the wall.  He's back in his chair now... it was my chair when I was first recuperating, but these days he sits in it more than I do.  I don't think that chair is going to fit in the motorhome (I already have my head into our next travels).

No comments: