Sunday, January 5, 2020

Live to Ride...


Ride to Eat.

I think that would make a good tattoo.  It certainly described our outing today.  No agenda, no schedule.  Last night, Joan said, "We should ride our scoots to Harlingen and have lunch at Texas Roadhouse."  She had me at "We should ride our scoots..."

This morning, when she asked me what I wanted to do today, I repeated her words from last night.  So, we have a plan.

We are having the kind of days I remember from our visits here, a couple decades ago.  Sunshine, mild temps (got to the low 70s today), light breeze, and low humidity.

We geared up to head out...


I did take one photo enroute.  Well, I thought I took one phone enroute.  Seems that the Canon G3x didn't cooperate, so I'll paint a mental image: us, scoots, a relatively traffic-free back road, the aroma when we pulled into the packed parking lot at Texas Roadhouse, ribs, steak.  I did take this photo to see if anyone could figure out where we were without the sign showing...


We stopped for gas on the way home.  Of course, Joan's Xmax outdid my Vespa in the miles per gallon race; 80 vs 71.  Lower than the last few fill-ups for both of us.  I don't remember hot-rodding it on our last outing.

Great ride home, and a break from riding less than a mile from home; yep, the bridge was out.  It's the weekend, and the bridge will open anytime on demand (as opposed to on the hour for recreational traffic on weekdays).



We sat out on the deck with Rufus before settling in for the evening.  My kinda day.  :-)


No comments: