Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Been a long time since I rock and rolled...


If you said, "Led Zeppelin, 1971," you get 100 bonus points.

I feel like a got way more than 100 bonus points this afternoon: Mark and I got together at his house, and we made some music.  Not recording; not sending Spire Studio files back and forth... we were singing and playing.  Face to face.  Well, sorta; more side by side, but we could see each other, nod, and know when to make any changes in what we were playing.  Just like the good ol' days.

For full disclosure, we spent the first hour or so getting equipment set up.  I brought a lot of gear with me, and Mark made room for us in his music room.  Today was more about getting used to playing together than working on new projects.  He has his song list, I have mine, and we are just enjoying the music.

Somewhere down the line we'll record some more and post it here.  In the meantime, this is fun... and just feels right.


No comments: