Monday, January 6, 2020

Graduated...


I just got back from my "morning ride" that I had to do in the early afternoon, thanks to a morning doctor's appointment. I usually try to get two rides a day in: morning and before sunset. There is a difference in who is out and about at any given time of day. Mornings, it is a lot of dog walkers, and the occasional walkers or bike riders. I rode by two couples standing in the street, talking... as I rode by, I heard the guy say, "That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen." Not directed at me, but definitely about my bike. I responded with, "Have you looked in the mirror lately?" The other three people thought it was funny.  ;-)

About that doctor's appointment: my last visit to the office of the guy that did my hip.  All the follow-up appointments have been with his "assistants."  This visit was pretty much a waste of time.  A lady came to get me to take X-rays.  She asked, "How are you doing with the new hip?"

I said, "No problems.  I walk, I ride a bike, I exercise - I'm doing what I'm supposed to do."

She said, "Well, if you aren't having any issues, we can skip the X-rays."  Not a problem for me.

More waiting.  They showed us to an examination room where we waited some more.  When the assistant finally came in, she asked, "So, how are you doing with your hip?"

Seems familiar.  After a very short discussion that also included my response above, she said, "The doctor likes us to follow up.  While you will continue to heal and get better, if you are good with it, this will be your last follow-up.  You are officially graduated."

Works for me.  On the bright side, we went out for a late breakfast afterwards.  Graduated... for what that hip cost, it could have funded a 4 year education at a good college.  Thank goodness for Medicare.

And now I can take on the rest of my day.


I just got back from my "morning ride" that I had to do in the early afternoon, thanks to a morning doctor's appointment.  I usually try to get two rides a day in: morning and before sunset.  There is a difference in who is out and about at any given time of day.  Mornings, it is a lot of dog walkers, and the occasional walkers or bike riders.  I rode by two couples standing in the street, talking... as I rode by, I heard the guy say, "That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen."  Not directed at me, but definitely about my bike.  I responded with, "Have you looked in the mirror lately?"  The other three people thought it was funny.  :-)
I just got back from my "morning ride" that I had to do in the early afternoon, thanks to a morning doctor's appointment.  I usually try to get two rides a day in: morning and before sunset.  There is a difference in who is out and about at any given time of day.  Mornings, it is a lot of dog walkers, and the occasional walkers or bike riders.  I rode by two couples standing in the street, talking... as I rode by, I heard the guy say, "That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen."  Not directed at me, but definitely about my bike.  I responded with, "Have you looked in the mirror lately?"  The other three people thought it was funny.  :-)

No comments: