Sunday, April 7, 2019

Scooters and guitars...


No, it wasn't a play day today.  The original plan was to get the cargo trailer unloaded this morning - Mother Nature had other plans, sending us pounding rain and thunderstorms.  From the sounds of it, we got off easy; in the upper Valley, they had winds near storm cells of 50 to 70mph (some damage), and even more rain.

When the storms moved on, we went out in the driveway, re-positioned the cargo trailer, unloaded the stuff that was just being carried in there, and unstrapped the scoots.  The trailer is once again set up as "the garage" for the scoots.  No, I didn't get a ride in, but maybe tomorrow!

Some of what was being carried in the trailer was music gear - it came into the house and I went to work getting the guitar room set up again.  One of the things that took the most time was the Play Acoustic vocal harmonizer and guitar pedal... I had sent it in for repair before we went to Phoenix, and (of course) it took them longer than they estimated to get it back to me; I had it sent to Steph's address.  The bad part about that: they "couldn't duplicate the problem" (it was cutting out the guitar signal), so they cleaned it and sent it back.  Obviously, they did a factory re-set on it, because all my settings were gone.  It took over an hour just to get it re-programmed again.  In the meantime, I played most of my guitars... my fingers are sore, but my heart is happy.

Rufus came in and sat by me for a while; Joan was at the kitchen island doing paperwork.  I apologized for all the "testing" (it takes time to get that Play Acoustic pedal set up), but she said it was no issue for her... a lot of "partial songs" getting played.

It is beginning to feel like we are getting moved back in.


No comments: