Saturday, April 13, 2019

The pool revisited with 3 Xes and a Y...


Yeah, Joan joined me in going to the pool today, making for an XX and an XY in the chromosome pool.  And the actual pool, since we were the only ones in there.  We took our newly acquired noodles (not the kind in your soup) and got a good hour's exercise in there.  First time using a pool noodle for anything other than padding for putting a kayak on a roof rack or a "head protector" on an RV slideout.  Yes, apparently they can be used as a bit of a flotation device.  (not Coast Guard approved)

With the noodle, I was able to stay more buoyant, taking pressure off my hip.  Not sure how far I walked, swam, and bobbed, but it was the first time in quite a while that I covered a bunch of ground (well, water) not hurting.  A nice change of pace.

There were a few people in the outdoor pool.  I get that - it's sunny, not much breeze, in the 80s.  Nice day.


No comments: