Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Be it ever so humble...


Heading for home.  We did our "putting away prep stuff" in the RV park before we left this morning.  The plan: stop at our storage unit (which is about 40 miles inland from the house), put some stuff in the CR-V, and take the cargo trailer with the Honda home.

Starting the drive with some Rufus lap time...


This is an easy drive today.  Not much wind to start, even though the prediction is for a headwind as we get closer to the Tropical Tip.  I-37 from south of San Antonio to just north of Corpus Christi, the on to Hwy 77 (trying to become I-69)...


We stopped for fuel and lunch just north of Kingsville.  Yeah, it's hot here, and I keep the rear camera on while Joan goes inside to get us a sandwich...
 

The rig while I wait for Joan to get back...

 
Rufus got his lunch, too; then spent some time on his tower (behind my seat)...


This part of Texas is low elevation and flat...


The weather prediction was for a 0% chance of precip along our route...


Yep; just enough rain to make sure we don't get home without getting grubby.  We stopped at a truck stop at the exit for the road that takes us to our storage unit - we unhooked the CR-V and cargo trailer from the coach and drove separate the 6 miles to the storage unit.  Hey, there's nothing in my rear camera...


Rufus rode with me...


"It's OK, buddy, your Momma is right behind us."

We pulled into the driveway to the storage unit, unlocked the gate, and pulled up in front of our unit with the vehicles side-by-side to make the loading process easier.  Joan swept out the area by the door of our unit...



Then, heading for home.  Rufus rides great in the motorhome, but isn't so sure of riding in the car.  He did fine, but it took some reassuring.  We pulled up to the driveway, took Rufus inside, then parked the trailer and CR-V.  Let the unloading begin!

With this load in and put away, I went to the neighbor's house to get our mail (they have been picking it up for us).  We don't get a lot of mail, but with the small bag of mail we had, most of it was for Joan.  This is a big day for one of us: she is now officially on Medicare!  There were only 3 pieces of mail for me: one each from Sweetwater, Guitar Center, and Taylor Guitars.  I guess you know where my interests (and purchases) lie.  Rufus didn't get any mail, but he did make himself at home in the bag that held our mail...


He is happy to be home.  Or maybe just happy to not go to the vet at the end of a car ride.  ;-)  He walked all around the house and settled into "his" chair.  It was originally my chair when I came home from the hospital: it is one of those that can lay flat or help raise you.  It is way more chair than I need these days (I slept in it at first).  Rufus has claimed it as his before we left to go north - he remembered how much he likes it...


It will take a while to get settled back in.  I did take a moment to look around my music room - I wondered what guitar would be the first to get played... the Emerald X10.  My fingers are a bit out of shape from lack of playing since we left Hart Ranch.  That will take a while, too.

It's good to be home.  :-)


No comments: