Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Before the next front blows in...


I took the boat out for a while this morning - another front is supposed to blow in this evening... the way one of our local weather weasels put it: "The high tomorrow will be 20ยบ colder than the low last night."  Cold temps (that's relative), rain, and wind, with gusts up to 50mph.

I shoved off and went out the canals.  Again, just looking to run the boat... and some "lookin' around."  A couple different tugs/barges in the turning basin this morning...



A couple bait shrimpers...



And, the only recreational boat I saw out there today...


Homeland Security...


A couple more barges...



A couple roseate spoonbills...
 


Even pirate ships need some upkeep...



After running the boat hard, I thought I might take a leisurely cruise by the former PI shrimp basin...


I had seen a couple dolphins earlier, but they were being shy, and I was looking to run the boat hard to make sure everything was working as it should.  And then...




Almost got a photo of one coming right at the boat...



Heading for home, I passed this shrimper coming in (good timing on their part)...


Back home, a lot of work getting the cover on the boat.  Gotta get prepped for this next front.


No comments: