Thursday, October 24, 2019

Pressure points...


Not talking about places on the body to press to slow blood loss.  No, these pressure points are under my nether regions.  And, for the record, this is the first use of the term "nether regions" in the history of this blog.

I rode my e-bike again this morning.  Perhaps over-enthusiastic by having a "big bike" to ride again, but I rode further and for longer than I have since I started riding that smaller folder again.  And, speaking of that smaller folder: the timing was good for getting the e-bikes out... when I aired up the tires on that small bike, the rear tire gave up... as in: it ain't holding air.  Yes, I know it is simple enough to replace the inner tube.  Putting a new $4 inner tube on that bike would almost double its value.  ;-)

What?  Yes, I am digressing again.  Back to the nether regions.  The e-bike sits a bit different from that small folder (which has what I call a "big butt" seat).  Even though the e-bike has a gel-seat, the places where my ass-ular area (under the nether regions) rest on that seat are different from the big butt seat.  After a short ride yesterday and a much longer ride today... well, I may need a day off from the bike.  Pressure points.

Looks like I will get that day off.  Maybe two.  A cold front is going to blow in tonight... gale force winds at the coast, thunderstorms, and falling temperatures.  The high tomorrow is supposed to be 67º, which will probably happen before sunrise, with steadily falling temps.  Winds are predicted to be in the mid-30s, gusting higher.  Well, unless you believe this Weather Channel graphic...





Not often you see the gusts lower than the sustained winds.  They do things different here in the Tropical Tip.  And, people wonder why I say stuff about our weather weasels?


Back to the topic: I think "pressure points" is a better title than: pain in the ass.


No comments: