Saturday, October 12, 2019

Yep, it's cool...


The much anticipated cold front blew in yesterday afternoon within an hour of what the weasels predicted.  One in a row!

We got a bit of rain and a lot of wind.  And, blessedly cool temperatures.  I was up early this morning, and it was 62º.  That is 20º cooler than the same time the day before.  I put on long pants and a sweatshirt.  When I went for a walk this morning, the wind was still blowing 25+ mph.  Not a cold, biting north wind, though... the "feels like" temperature is the same as the actual air temp.  I still don't like cold and snow, but this is a refreshing change.  The air conditioner hasn't run since yesterday afternoon.  And now, just before 1:00 pm, we have the door open a bit... 73º in the house and 65º outside.  Nice.

It won't last long - tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 85º.

I don't mean for this post to be a weather forecast - it has been hot since we got home, and this is a nice break.

Rufus got to go outside.  Not on a leash.  Joan got the license plate for new new scoot and I let Rufus come outside with me while I put the plate on.  He stays close by, but does get "braver" as the time passes.  When I was ready to go inside, he wasn't.  I picked him up to put him by the front door... and he growled at me... I think it surprised both of us.  "Did you just growl at me?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry!  I'm sorry!" He's not sorry.  As I opened the front door to guide him inside, he swatted at my leg.

"What did you do?" I scolded (kinda).

"I'm sorry!  I'm sorry!"  Again, he's not sorry.  I think I'll put his harness on him and take him for a walk.


No comments: