Wednesday, October 30, 2019

It's a gas, gas, gas...


If you said, "Jumping Jack Flash, by the Rolling Stones, 1969," you get 100 bonus points.

No, this is not about gasoline.  I had a dental appointment today, knowing I was going to need a crown.  A tooth that had a couple fillings from 40 years ago developed a crack, and then I lost a chunk of it.

I chose to go to the dentist on the island (SPI) that Joan used last time she needed something significant.  This is the first time I have had laughing gas; Joan told me what to expect.  It was even better than I anticipated... no, I didn't get "goofy," nor did I laugh.  If anything, I felt a bit drowsy and had no stress.  I never felt "out of it."  And the real bonus: all the work this lady did to prepare the rest of that tooth for a crown, and only one shot of Novocaine or lidocaine (I didn't ask which)... I had to ask if she gave me a shot.  It was truly that painless.

I have a temporary that will be replaced with the actual crown in a week or so.  And when I left the dentist's office, no numbness or residual pain.  A first for me after getting significant dental work.

 An excellent experience.




No comments: