Sunday, July 25, 2021

Hot!

 

Or, as we in the business say: "Hot!"

Three more hot days, with highs in the upper 90s to low 100s, then it is supposed to moderate.  Back to the 80s; I'm looking forward to it.

Back from my morning bicycle ride, Joan asked, "Are you wanting to go for a scooter ride today?"

"I don't know - it's pretty hot out there."

She said, "I think I will get some laundry done.  If you want to go ride, I'll meet you back here in two hours and you can take me to Sonic for some ice cream."

She had me at "ice cream."

So, out into the blast furnace on the Vespa.  I decided to do our favorite "loop": the 4 curvy roads to Iron Mountain Road, then loop around back home again.  I thought I might make a narrated video of just the Iron Mountain Road portion of the ride.  My Instamic and Insta360 One R camera had different ideas... apparently, they aren't talking to each other.  I understand - the heat makes everybody cranky.

I rode the twisty stuff to a pull-out on Iron Mountain Road, where I knew there would be some shade.  A Harley was parked in that spot, but plenty of room for me next to it.  The couple from the Harley were sitting in the grass about 100 feet away... they didn't ever hear me pull in.  I was cooling off with some ice water and getting my video gear ready when they came back to their bike... we visited for a bit before they left.  I fussed with the camera and mic some more, then just turned the camera on and let it run while I rode.

Here's 27 minutes of Iron Mountain Road in "hyper-speed" (don't watch this right after eating)...

 

It's what you do when what you planned to do didn't play out.  ;-)

A couple rain drops found their way to my windshield and helmet face shield before I got back to the motorhome.  The heat left me wiped.  Joan pulled in about 5 minutes after I got there.  Laundry put away then off to Sonic... that was truly refreshing.

We we got back to the coach, I told Joan I was going to lay down for a bit.  Rufus came back to the bedroom, hopped up beside me, put his big furry face up to mine, took a sniff, and said: "You had ice cream, didn't you?  You had ice cream and you didn't bring me any??!!"

We don't give him ice cream, but he did get some refrigerated tuna, and then he breathed that in my face.

It will probably be too warm to take him for a walk until after 8:00 this evening.

More of the same tomorrow weather-wise... there is some discussion of some cruising around in air conditioned comfort in the car tomorrow.


No comments: