Friday, July 2, 2021

How many Naughas had to die??

 

After posting the burn and gouge photo earlier, I figured you could use something to make you smile.  I got the message that I had a package waiting for me at the mailroom here at the resort.  My buddy and music partner Mark had asked for our address here, so it wasn't unexpected.  What was in the package was certainly not expected.

While looking around for guitar stuff, Mark came across this and felt "Jim needs to have this"...


 Not the guitar - this is one of my Emeralds.  But, check out the strap... it is a silver Naughahide, backed with black leather.  If you haven't enlarged the photo, yet, it is adorned with three kitty faces!  Apparently, Mark thinks I am a "crazy cat guy"... I don't know where he came up with that?  ;-)

I told Mark that the strap is going to wind up costing me a lot of money, as I will now have to find a vintage Kustom PA with silver tuck & roll naughahide covering to go with the cool strap!  He said, "Besides the cats, the silver sparkle reminded me of the silver in your beard and hair."  I have more silver in mine, he has more hair.

Speaking of hair: I took Joan into Rapid City today for a hair appointment.  According to her, she is in "dire need" of a haircut.  I dropped her off at the salon and went to get an oil change in the Honda at the local Super Lube... the line for an oil change was out to the street, and one of their bays was blocked by a car that wouldn't start.  New plan.  I'll try for this another day.

To entertain myself for the next 45 minutes, I went to the local Honda motorcycle dealership to "look around."  Wasn't much looking to be had - their inventory is really thin.  It is a big dealership, and they had a grand total of 6 new Hondas on the sales floor: 5 variations of a Goldwing and one SuperCub.  When I asked about a Rebel 1100, a sales guy told me that had received one since that bike was released.  "I rode it when it came in - it's a nice bike!  The Dual Clutch Transmission works great.  I have 5 people who have put deposits on one, and no word from Honda when we'll get another.  It isn't just Honda - getting new bikes from any of the manufacturers has been tough."

It's the world we live in, now.  (sigh)  I walked over to their Triumph motorcycle area - they had about 7 or 8 new Triumphs.  Triumph has done a great job making their current Bonneville motorcycles resemble the Triumph I had in my youth.  I did sit on a new Speedmaster Bonneville (1200) - very nice bike.  They've done a great job of keeping the general look of the vintage Triumphs, with very modern mechanicals.




No comments: