Sunday, July 4, 2021

Picnic...

 

No, we won't be taking up a picnic table somewhere that a vacationing family could be using.

I rode my bicycle outside the resort today; through a nearby housing area.  Some very nice homes along the golf course.  Good workout.  When I got back, Joan and Rufus were sitting out on the patio.  I had called her while I was out to let her know that there was another Golf Cart Parade happening.

Generally, when I get back from my morning ride, Joan makes a fruit smoothie for us.  That is also Rufus's cue that she will be putting a treat down for him.  She brought out our smoothies and a treat in a bowl for Ruf... he has never been fed outside, and he wasn't sure what to make of this...

 

As you can see from the photo above, he figured it out.  The boy is very food centric.  We told him that this is what a picnic is like... "Eating your food outside?  I don't get the attraction."  It's a good thing he doesn't have to be a hunter for his food.  ;-)

When he was done eating, he joined us in his own chair...


Yep, Rufus has his own chair.  But, he likes to sit on Joan's lap, too...

He enjoys watching people (and their pets) go by.


 Nice way to start this holiday morning.



2 comments:

Bob said...

Happy Fourth to you three. Bob Jarrard

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

And to you, Bob!