Sunday, July 18, 2021

On this day, 68 years ago...

 

No, not from one of those historical signs.  Today is my birthday.  Never thought I'd live this long.  My dear ol' Mother said, I have often related it: getting old isn't for sissies.

"What are your plans for your birthday," you ask.  Well, we had talked about taking the weekend off from riding, since there is SO much going on around the Hills this week; I did get out yesterday on the Vespa - a couple trips down to the entrance to Hart Ranch to photograph some of the Scooter Cannonball folks, and an errand run into Rapid City.  A funny selection of items to get, that would definitely fall into the TMI category, but I'll relate them when in person if anyone asks.

Today, we got to visit with Steph by phone.  It's a family tradition when we aren't together: open cards, visit, and get all mushy.  Joan made me a great breakfast after I got out for a bicycle ride.  Rufus is sitting by me as I write this.  We'll hang close to the motorhome today.

My Mother used to tell of me trying to be born breach; she would say, "You came out telling the world to kiss your ass, and you are still doing just that."  She had a way with words.  ;-)


2 comments:

Bob said...

I left a happy birthday and a bit of a roast yesterday but it got lost somehow so may I be the first person to post a belated best wishes you youngster, only 68? Oh well, you tried your best as your Mom used to say. Bob Jarrard

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks, Bob. A roast? Beef or pork? ;-)