Sunday, July 11, 2021

The Long Way Around...

 

 

Here's the video from yesterday's ride; about 90% of it "left on the cutting room floor."  Shooting the video is the easy part.  Downloading and picking the angles is the tedious part.  Editing is interesting, trying to retain the feel of the ride, while keeping it concise; doing split screens and transitions.  And when the video looks right, you start the search for the right music.  It is definitely a labor of love... yes, the riding is the part I love the most.  ;-)

While Joan and I ride, we have helmet communicators so we can talk back and forth.  It's also how we coordinate a pass or other positioning.  I control both cameras (one on the back of Joan's bike, one on the front of my bike, with this project) from my left handlebar grip.  The cameras are both 360: Insta360 One R and One X2.  No change in camera positioning, the different views happen in the editing process after we get home.  If you keep the raw video (I generally don't), you could assemble a completely different looking video from the same 360 footage. 

I worked on this most of the evening last night, just getting each clip downloaded and selecting the point of view.  Up early this morning to start the editing and assembling.   It was fun using two cameras, but that is a lot of work.  I'm happy with this final product...


 I told Joan, "I think I'll take the day off today."

She asked, "From riding or shooting video."

"Yes."  ;-)


No comments: