Wednesday, July 28, 2021

One Day At A Time...

 

If you said, "A TV sit-com series that ran from 1975 to 1984," you get 20 bonus points.  If you said, "A TV sit-com series that ran from 2017 to 2020, based on the series first mentioned, with a newly single Cuban-American Mom," you still get 20 bonus points.

Nothing to do with sit-coms, though - one more day with a high at or around 100º today.  Then, predicted to be back in the 80s for a few days.  I haven't thought of 80s as being cool, but it will be a welcome relief.

Also, a delight to be back on a premium site.  Well, "premium" is my description, because all the sites in the main part of the resort, except those in the Meadows, are double-wide paved sites.  It was nice when Rufus wanted to sit outside this morning, and I could be on the nice, level pavement, while he could sit in the more manicured grass, watching people walk by.  And no gravel.  We walked in the wide-open grassy area behind the motorhome, and he got to meet a couple more neighborhood dogs.  And, two more ladies telling him how handsome he is.  He likes that.  Who wouldn't?

It was 73º when I first got up at 6:30; shortly after 7:00, when Ruf and I went outside, it was already in the low 80s.  We face north on this site, so I put the awning out to block the morning sun on the east-facing patio...

 

An easy, slow-paced day is the plan for the day.  A trip into town for groceries this morning, then kick back.  I consulted my horoscope for today: "Ice cream is in your future."  Yeah, I'm kidding - I'm not into that horoscope stuff... and ice cream is always in my future.  ;-)

------

Self-fulfilling prophecy...

Above, I mentioned "slow-paced"... whoda thunk it would be wall-to-wall people at the Wally World this morning?  Pretty sure it is like Roller Derby: some of the players are "blockers" - they are there just to make sure you can't get through.  Wally Derby... they aren't buying anything, they are just there to slow you down.

From there, we stopped at Jimmy John's to get a sandwich we can put in the fridge.  Just in case we want to have a picnic while out on the scoots.  They advertise that they are "freaky fast."  They weren't.  I mean really slow.  Next: I felt like a brisket sandwich at Arby's.  And a potato cake (those triangle-shaped hash brown kinda potato).  They no longer have potato cakes.  And, after waiting for 20 minutes in the drive through line, just to get to the menu, I had to settle for their new "Krinkle Fries."  Had to wait almost that long again after we ordered.  Not saying they were slow, but they made Jimmy John's seem freaky fast by comparison.  Joan ordered their new chicken nuggets... if you've seen their ad on TV where James Earl Jones says that whoever designed the competition's chicken nuggets "just gave up."  Well, the Arby's nuggets were so-so, and then I find out it isn't James Earl Jones who does the voice for Arby's, it is Ving Rhames!!??

I need a nap.  Joan says it will help me feel rejuvenated... I don't remember ever feeling juvenated.

------

Getting that Jimmy John's sandwich only drove home the point that I haven't been out on a scooter ride in over 3 days.  Getting in scooter rides is why we come here.  Well, that and getting away from the heat.  How's that workin' for you, Jim?

No, moving the scooter from the RV site in the Meadows to the one we are now in (less than a half mile) doesn't count as "a ride."


No comments: