Sunday, July 4, 2021

Test of the Insta360 Roadie Remote...

 

I had some frustrations with the Roadie Remote, after it initially worked fine.  Customer Service at Insta360 didn't understand the issue.  I finally figured out that the Insta360 One R camera was automatically connecting with my iPhone via wifi; that connection "over-ruled" the bluetooth connection of the Roadie Remote with the camera.  Once I figured that out, it was just a matter of turning off wifi on my phone, and all was good.

I headed out into the countryside east of the Black Hills (knowing there would be less traffic there) to test out the use of the Roadie, while attached to the left hand-grip of my Vespa.  The first image, before I was even geared up for the ride...


No, that is not my "male model pensive look" - the camera was on a selfie stick in front of the windshield, and I was trying to see if it had taken the still photo.  Yep.

Here's how it looks on the left hand-grip on the Vespa...


And a bunch of test shots...



And a video...


I'm going to say the Roadie does work and look forward to using it on our next outing (probably Tuesday).


4 comments:

Bob said...

You are ahead of me in the "Cognitive Coping Game" and I marvel at all the constant challenges you embrace. I yearn for an Instamatic in the glove box and you are using remote thingies to run 399 cameras to post movie pictures, oh well, I can still use my phone and there is hope that I might be alive so that when you buy a $600 digital walking cane I can relate. Enjoy, nice shirt. Bob Jarrard

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

A digital walking cane? Now there's something I could have used two years ago. My one cane splurge was a carbon fiber model with flames painted on it... how's that for a dichotomy? ;-)

I am fascinated by the technology behind 360 imaging - the fact that you can shoot first and then pick the view after the fact is intriguing to me. It is more work in the editing process, but the results are often fun; and the stabilization is impressive. I do look at these when we are back home, and remember the fun riding. Like having a film crew in your pocket.

The shirt is great out in the sun, not to mention that I look sweet and pure in the white. Really - don't mention it. Enjoy your summer, Bob.

Bob said...

Hey Cap, Itchy Boots is a great channel, the girl has guts. Here is her tech page, lots of good info and things you understand but I do not!!! Bob .
Bike and Rig at https://www.itchyboots.com/blog/gear-and-equipment-season-5
Her home page at https://www.itchyboots.com/blog/gear-and-equipment-season-5

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Bob - I missed this comment until just now. I looked at that Itchy Boots site - that young lady is doing some serious adventure riding. Those days are behind us, now that we are day-trippers. But, we're still having fun!

Yes, I understand what she is using for equipment and why. I am just now starting to do narrated videos, mostly for my own entertainment. Never tried to monetize anything on the blog (other than selling some books). It is easy to get all wrapped up in creating content, but I'm not looking for another job. ;-)