Thursday, August 24, 2023

Another 2-camera ride...

 

Iron Mountain Road.  Insta360 One X2 and the Go 3.  Some shots through the windshield (Go 3 mounted on my helmet), and the X2 mounted on a mirror stalk on the left side.  I shot plenty of video (which I'll probably work up later) and took "snapshots" from the video.

On with the ride: down Hwy 79, then west on Hwy 36...


 That cockpit looks a bit busy from this perspective.  You can see the X2 on the left, the Go 3 Action Pod, then my phone, and some ice water on the right.

Turning onto Iron Mountain Road...

Some images from the X2...



In the image immediately above, coming up on some traffic.  Cool Deadwood Nights is happening right now - 3 of the 4 vehicles in front of me are classics (a 57 Chevy, a 63 Impala, and a 57 BelAire Wagon - the one closest to me is just a big ol' Suburban).  Of course, running behind those cars was like being in a parade.  The Chevy in front set the pace, and that pace was "leisurely."  Not sure why, but it seems less annoying being behind some fun cars going slow than a minivan from Minnesota doing the same speed.  ;-)

I was caught behind these folks until getting to the Iron Mountain Road Store - they rolled on, I pulled off...


I got off the bike; got a drink of water, moved the cameras around a bit - I killed a few minutes, and not another car went by; I knew I'd be able to enjoy some spirited riding.





It was inevitable that I would catch up to the traffic, but I got to enjoy some of the best curves with no "blockage."

Fortunately, they all turned into the view parking, and I once again had the road to myself...












You can see Mt Rushmore through the tunnel...


 A view of the pigtail curves/bridges...


Good riding again today.



No comments: