Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Fancy Driver...

 

While visiting with the neighbor who has a kid who is obsessed with cats (but they don't have one), she asked, "What site are you in?"

I pointed at our rig two sites over and she said, "Oh, you're in the 'fancy driver'."

"Fancy driver?" I asked.

"We call those campervans 'drivers' - yours is bigger than those and fancier.  That is really pretty paint.  And you have more room inside," she said.

I replied, "Well, not as much room as your 5th wheel."

"Yes, but we are full-time; this is our home.  Do you have a house somewhere?"

That led to a discussion of moving from Texas to Arizona... soon.  I guess "soon" is relative.  It seems like this whole selling the Texas house and moving has been going on for a long time.  I think we're both ready to get on with it.  With each new update we get from Steph and Dan, the anticipation grows.

Less than 3 weeks before we point this "fancy driver" south. 

--------

Another hot one today.  I got out on the CTX for some two-wheel therapy; it was 92º when I got back around 11:30.  Joan was getting the patio all set up, so Rufus was waiting for me in the shade of the cargo trailer while I put the bike away.

Then to the patio, under the shade of the awning.  The big furry boy was looking rather regal while sitting on Joan's lap to get brushed...



Before I went for a ride, I took him on his second walk of the morning.  At night, Joan takes down the sunscreen from the awning and generally drapes it over the patio chairs.  Rufus has his own chair, and he decided he liked the sunscreen over the chair, making it like a "tent" for him...


If you look close, there really is a cat in there.  And he got up into the chair and under the sunscreen on his own.  It took some convincing to get him to come out of there (it was still cool at the time).

--------

Oh, and about that ride this morning: no Minnesota cars to slow things down.  There was a Montana truck that pulled over at the first opportunity, and a couple on bikes: he was on a full-dress Harley, she was riding a Harley with a side car.  I could be wrong, but it seems that a side car would be more work and slower going through the twisties... but she was doing a fine job with it.

Pretty quiet out there - the lull before the Labor Day weekend?

--------

I didn't know if anyone would notice Rufus's front paws in those photos above... they are normally pure white.  Something in the asphalt in the roads here at Hart Ranch must rub on those pretty paws.  I guess he must drag his feet when he walks.  They don't get that gray on them when he stays on the grass.  I gave up trying to get him to stay on the grass... yes, the boy loves the grass, but he also likes to walk along the streets here.

--------

Just to see if anyone comes back to read what I add during the day...

Wife: I hate the way you drive.

Husband: Do you want to drive?

Wife: No thanks.  I prefer complaining about the way you drive.

(rimshot)

No comments: