Thursday, August 3, 2023

Lying Bast...

 

Well, you know.  Yes, I am talking about the weather weasels.  I got a message late yesterday that the new tires for Joan's scoot are in a the dealer.  Thunderstorms were supposed to roll in at 6:00 am.  They didn't.  By 8:00 am, the weasels had moved their guess back to 1:00 pm.  It would have been enough time to get the bike to the dealer, get the new tires put on, and get it back... without having to ride in the rain.  I hate riding in the rain.

But, no, they couldn't get me in... even though they told me when I bought the tires that "We should be able to get you in right away."  But, those aren't the lying bastards I'm talking about.  The service manager made me an "appointment" for 9:00 am Saturday, when we are supposed to be ass-deep in rain and thunderstorms.

By 11:00 am, the weasels had moved the thunderstorm guess back to 7:00 pm.  I got in a short ride on the CTX.  When Joan was ready for a late lunch, she said, "Put the burgers on around 3:15"... I got the griddle out (it was put away because of the days of rain predicted), plugged it in, turned it on, and at precisely 3:14, the first clap of thunder roared!  It let me get the griddle almost warmed up before the rain started.

So, new experience: griddling bacon and burgers in the rain.  With an electric griddle.  It was just a sprinkle at first.  And then started pounding.  I went to the car and got an umbrella - to hold over me and the griddle while the burgers cooked.  This all happening while the weasels said there would be no rain this afternoon.  Because... they are lying bastards.

I passed the finished food into Joan, then went to the bathroom to get a towel to dry off.  Yes, soaked.  The burgers were tasty... probably because of using ground prime rib, careful seasoning, and water splashing on them while cooking.  About half way through enjoying our meal, the rain quit.  I brought the griddle in and Joan cleaned it inside (I usually clean outside).  As I was putting it away, it started sprinkling again.  Then back inside, dried off again, and the rain quit again.  Until I went outside to dump our holding tanks, then it started sprinkling again.  And then back inside, when the sun came out for about 30 seconds.

I know what you are thinking: "Shouldn't you be blaming Mother Nature and not the weather forecasters?"  Hey, they are getting paid to tell us what to expect.  Big surprise: not even close today.  I want my money back... well,  you know what I mean.


No comments: