Monday, August 14, 2023

On The Road Again...

 

Iron Mountain Road, that is.  I rode it on Saturday, the last day of the Rally, expecting to get slowed down by traffic.  I was wrong - the traffic was the lightest I've seen this season.  It was an absolutely delightful ride!  Of course, I shot some video and took snapshot stills from that.

Yesterday (Sunday), was crap weather: chilly (never got out of the 60s), blustery (winds gusting to 40 mph), and rain off and on.  It was a good day to do some video editing.


 Some still images "snapshotted" (is that a word?) from the video...






The last few minutes of Iron Mountain Road were behind this passenger van (doing Black Hills tours) - at one point, the driver was completely over the center line!


And that's why you don't want to "hug the centerline" when riding, especially around some of these blind curves.

Looks like a nice, warmer week ahead.

--------

Joan did laundry this afternoon.  She said, "It would be a good time for you to get out on the bike..."  Who am I to argue that logic?  I took the CTX out, wearing the back support strap she got for me.  It helps.  Two wheel therapy helps, as well.

I took some back roads, found myself on the Old Hill City Road, saw the 1880 Train, and just enjoyed the gorgeous weather: upper 70s, sunshine, a bit of breeze, low humidity.  I did put the Go 3 camera on the helmet chin mount, but didn't shoot much...



No comments: