Monday, August 28, 2023

Give me land, lotsa land...

 

... under starry skies above - don't fence me in.  If you said, "Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters, 1954," you get 50 bonus points... mostly for being older than I am.

Rufus likes the site we are in right now - we have nothing to the port side of us...


 That is all "his," with plenty of room to roam.  Well, not officially his, but it is a nice open area with no RV sites (we are in the last site on this street).

Ruf and I went out for a walk this morning...


Joan took those photos from our dinette window, unbeknownst to us.  Yes, he really does walk on a leash.  Nicely.  Most of the time.  We walked quite a ways.  I think he wasn't sure of the way home, so I gave him some guidance.  Along the way, we came across a guy walking a little foo-foo dog.  The guy was very impressed with how Rufus walked on the leash.  He told me that their last cat, a Himalayan, passed away a few years ago, and how much he missed that cat; it lived to be 18.  His eyes got a bit misty as he spoke to and petted Rufus... while Ruf looked him right in the eyes.

Back home, Rufus got a treat then laid down for a bit; it had been a long walk...


Joan and I went out for breakfast afterwards, then a stop at Wally-World for groceries.  Joan has an important plan for the afternoon: she and Rufus are going to sit outside under the awning (after we trimmed some tree branches) and read.  I'm not sure if Rufus will be reading... he's a smart boy, so maybe.

Me?  I'm heading out for a motorcycle ride.

--------

Back from my ride - beautiful day: mid-80s, sunny, low humidity.  I headed north with a plan to run through Vanocker Canyon.  Welcome to Road Construction Season... Vanocker Canyon was fine, every other road I took had some degree of road construction.  Here's a preview, more will be coming - heavy gravel on the side road I usually take (to avoid the construction on the Interstate)...


 Out on the Interstate to get away from the gravel...


A quick run through Sturgis, for a look at what the town looks like the other 50 weeks of the year...



More photos and/or video later.



No comments: