Friday, August 25, 2023

Just livin'...

 
As we get closer to our departure time (still two weeks off), not every day is filled with riding motorcycles and scooters.  (Who said that??)

Joan made us a light breakfast, Rufus got to go for a couple walks, I got a bicycle ride in.  It was a cool day, the temperature topped out at 79º.  Joan wanted to do a "deep cleaning" on the Equinox interior... floor mats out, carpet vacuumed, dash and door trim cleaned... the interior looked like new when she was done.  And not a french fry carcass to be found.

And speaking of french fries, when Joan was done with the car, she came into the coach and asked, "How would you feel about McDonald's for a light lunch - I'm in the mood for a fish sandwich."  Two things immediately struck me: #1, I was trying to think of a way to ask if she wanted McDonald's because I was really craving their french fries; and #2, I can't imagine anyone ever in the mood for a Fillet-O-Fish sandwich.  Not sure which of us was channeling to the other?

We often get fast food to go... it is my right as an American to eat in my car.  With the car looking as clean as an operating room, I suggested we go inside to eat.  Fortunately, it was around 1:30, so their lunch rush was winding down and it was only lightly populated inside.  Plus, I could get a refill on the Diet Coke... because man does not live by french fries alone.

Yes, we did use their self-order board for our meals: punch in what you want, any special requests (no onion on my burger, thanks).  Paid for it at that board, took a table number, and found a booth to wait for our hot food to arrive.  As we all know, the french fries are at their peak of tastiness when fresh out of the fryer.

Heading back to the motorhome, it sprinkled lightly on us.  Just Mother Nature saying, "Good thing you didn't wash the exterior of your car."

I came across the propane gas detector that Joan ordered over a month ago.  It should have been a 5 minute job to remove the old one (which still tested fine, even though it was 3 years past its "life"... and I am not keen on replacing something that is still functioning, but it's what Joan wanted, and I am digressing), undo the wiring, hook up the wiring on the new one, and put it back in place.  Winnebago put on a very nice clip connector, so I had to cut wires so I could use that nice plug that was on the old one.  It meant getting into our electrical repair kit in the cargo trailer to get wire strippers (insert your favorite "stripper" joke here - I did) and wire nuts.  It took longer to get the stuff out of the cargo trailer, because I had to pat each of the bikes and tell them that I miss them (since we didn't ride today).

New gas detector wired up and tested before screwing it back in place (yes, insert your favorite "screwing it" joke here - I did).

As empty RV sites fill up around us, Joan reminded me that this is the weekend for the annual members meeting here at Hart Ranch.  Not that it makes much difference, but I guess we had good timing on getting a site "on top" for our 9 days.  We move again on Sunday.

 


No comments: