Friday, August 11, 2023

Do It Again...

 

Back to Sturgis one last time.  Probably.  The shirt that I bought there on Wednesday was apparently designed for someone much taller and skinnier than I am, even though it is a Men's large.  I made a quick trip back there to exchange the shirt.  One of us said, "Just put it in the closet, and when you get skinnier it will fit."

Odds are I will get taller before I get skinnier.  An exchange for a grown-up size shirt is a better idea.  I planned to get up there and back, and still make it home in time to feed Rufus his lunch (priorities).

Traffic leaving Sturgis was pretty heavy on the Interstate.  Definitely more so than the traffic heading towards Sturgis.  I rolled into town, turned onto Main Street, up 3 blocks, and found a parking place in the middle, right across from the shop where I got the shirt.






 

No problem exchanging the shirt, but they were very low on inventory of that style - I think I may have gotten the last in that color and the size I needed.  I was in and out of there in about 2 minutes, then back to the bike, and heading out.  The crowd in downtown is definitely less today - the Rally is winding down.  This lady is taking advantage of the sunshine and nice weather...


 

The headwind I rode into on the way to Sturgis was now a delightful tailwind going back - didn't take much throttle at all to do the reduced speed limit (65 mph).



 

Back to the motorhome, with 5 minutes to spare; Joan was sitting out under the awning, Rufus was at the screen door, saying, "Where have you been?  Do you know it is mere seconds until my feeding time??"

No, he didn't really say that... pretty sure what I heard was, "Dad, I missed you so much - I'm so happy to see you!"  Yeah, I'm going with that.  ;-)


No comments: