Friday, August 4, 2023

Crank up the volume...

 

In the words of the philosopher Edgar Winter: "Keep playin' that rock 'n roll..."  No, it wasn't a trivia question, but if you said, "From the album Edgar Winter's White Trash, 1971*,"  you get 30 bonus points.

Mark and I were talking yesterday - he asked if I had tried the Virtuo through the Spark Mini amp... "Yes, but I can't really crank it up - neighbors."

He said, "Use your headphones - it will sound huge!"  And he was absolutely right.  While Joan was doing laundry, I got some chores done, then plugged in the Virtuo to the Spark Mini, plugged in the Bose headphones, and...


When Joan got back, she said, "But I can't hear what's going on."

"Check it out" - I handed her the headphones.  Big smile.  I had a similar smile when I first put on the headphones, too.  Truly, it sounds like all kinds of huge amps... or a delightful acoustic guitar; from mellow to heavy.  It will do until we get the music room set up in the new house.  ('Cause the music room in the old house is pretty much packed away.)  In the meantime, I can sit at the dinette and play the Virtuo (it's a thinner body than most of my other guitars).

I was able to get some breakfast made on the griddle this morning - the rain didn't come down until early afternoon.  We went out for Mexican for a late lunch; about 25 minutes away... saw plenty of bikes go by in the rain.  Some riders had helmets and rain gear - some didn't.  We avoid riding in the rain, if at all possible.  Oh, sure, we did plenty of that in our younger years, usually if we were out on a long trip... I was never one to go looking to ride in the rain.

For one more bike related item: on our way back from lunch, there was an e-mail from the mail room at Hart Ranch that I have a package.  It is my Chin Mount.  "Isn't that where your beard is, Jim?"  I'm going to assume that was just a smart-ass comment.  This is a mount made to go with my Schuberth helmet, so I can mount my new Go 3 camera on there.  Every helmet has a different shape, so it is nice to have a mount that is specifically designed for it, instead of those generic mounts that come with the action cameras.


The adhesive has to set up for 24 hours, so it will be tomorrow at the earliest that I can mount the camera on there and try it out.  It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow, so it may be longer than that.

* That song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElQdOTrvzBA


No comments: