Tuesday, November 5, 2019

A new campaign...


No, I am not running for office.  Something about closets, skeletons, and the obvious fact that I have trouble keeping my mouth shut when bullshit is being strewn about.

But, I digress.  On my friend Pat Anderson's Facebook timeline, he had made a post about "take your dog to work day."  Yeah, I think that is a thing.  In June.

Now, I like dogs just fine.  I think they make great pets.  That said, in our family, cats are not pets - they are family members.  Oh, yeah, short and furry... they crap in a box... they pretty much do what they want to do... but: family.

Thus, I am instituting a "day of recognition" that I think will catch on: "Stay At Home With Your Cat Day."  Blow off work,   Spend the day on the couch with your furry feline family member(s).  Take a nap.  Maybe run as fast as you can from one end of the house to the other, then another nap.  Take a leisurely bath.  Another nap.  Knock some stuff under the couch.  Eat.  Nap.  Watch some birds through the window.  Nap.

Who's with me on this?


No comments: