Tuesday, November 12, 2019

And then you freeze your ass off...


When I got up this morning, it was 40º, some spitting rain, and the wind out of the NNW at about a million miles per hour.  I stepped outside to check on the boat... and quickly went back inside to get a jacket.  I had to make an adjustment on one line on the boat, and in the short time I was out there, the wind had my face stinging.  Fugly.

The morning news said that 70% of the country would be experiencing freezing temperatures today.  The thermometer here won't show that, but the "feels like" temperature is around 30º.  The local weather weasels feel they need to explain "wind chill" during these weather events.

After that great walk on the beach boardwalk yesterday, it will definitely be an indoor day today.


No comments: