Friday, November 1, 2019

For Sail...


If you said, "Did you mean: For Sale?", no bonus points.  We have a sail for sale.  It comes with a Hobie kayak.

Now that my hip has pretty well healed, Joan asked if I planned to do anything with the kayaks.  Anything?  That is wife talk for: you need to do something with the kayaks.  We haven't used them in a couple years, and she is getting tired of moving them in and out of our enclosed storage (under the house).

She got the Hobie kayak out, and I went over it with lube, checking all the parts.  Everything works.  The only thing it needs is one strap for a pedal; she ordered one for each pedal.  It is a sweet set-up: we bought the dolly to move it around, and a sail kit for it.

Here's a look...


The above photo taken when we were last in the Tetons.




I had a bit of sticker shock when I looked up what this goes for new... $2549 for the kayak alone.  By the time you put the sail kit and the dolly with it, you are closing in on $3000.  All this could be yours for the low, low price of $1,200.

But, wait, the "rummage sale" isn't over, yet.  Her beach cruiser...




I am throwing in this custom seat cover...


Someone might tell you, "That looks like a Walmart bag!"  They would be right.  I know this bike is put together right, 'cause I did it myself.  We bought the e-bikes shortly after Joan got this bike, so it has somewhere between 5 and 10 miles on it.  It's a Huffy.  No, that's not something the kids do with vape, the brand is Huffy.  $60 and it's yours.  If you don't want the custom seat cover, I will let it go for $60.

And, ramping up for this last item: a ramp...



I bought this to put the PCX scooters in the back of Big Red (the truck we had at the time).  We did that.  Once.  The fit was so tight with the scooters in the truck bed that I didn't want to do it again.  But, if you need to roll something into the back of a pickup, this will do the job.  As you can see, it folds in half for easy storage.  Plus, it weighs a bunch, so it is a good workout moving it around.  Yours for only $51.73... but, I would let it go for $50, if you carry it out.

Stay tuned... there may be more.


2 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

I would be interested in the Bike if it came with a Reusable Bag-- I don't use Plastic..
It is now banned in the Town we live in..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Oh, sorry HRB - the bike sold to the first lady who looked at it. She didn't take the bag, either. ;-)