Thursday, November 7, 2019

If I had a hatch...


I'd batten it down.  All of our other boats have had at least one hatch.  Alas, what the pontoon has is several comfortable places to sit.  ;-)

There is another norther due to blow in tonight.  You wouldn't know it from the lovely morning and afternoon.  After a late lunch, we went to the beach for a bit.  Not only did I not have a camera, I didn't even bring my phone.  (gasp!)  Small, friendly waves lapping up against the beach.

On the way home, I decided to take the boat out for a short spin.  Knowing I was going to have to wrestle the cover onto it, I figured I might as well have a bit of fun.  Again, I didn't bring a camera, but I did have my phone; heading down our canal...


Out past the turning basin, I put the power to it...


With a lot of wind coming at that hat, I get two modes: flap down (as above) or flap up (looking like Gomer).

Joan had stuff to do around the house (like getting the sunshades up on the deck, and making sure everything there is secure), so I shot this "sparkly water" image for her...


I did see a couple dolphins, from a distance...


That dot in the red circle is a dorsal fin.  I think.  And then, heading for home...


Beautiful water out there today.  Delightful weather.  And, a nice little cruise before getting the boat covered for a day or two.


This front is only supposed to last a day or so - chilly tomorrow (high in the low 60s, rain, and 20 to 35 mph north wind). 

No comments: