Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!


Much to be thankful for: right at the top of the list would be family.  Steph and Dan are in Wisconsin, doing Thanksgiving with Dan's family; with the tough winter weather that is affecting much of the country, I am glad there are there and safe.  We got to talk with her this morning... almost as good as a hug.

We decided on a departure from the Friendsgiving we've done the last few years: Joan and I are going out for our Thanksgiving meal.  No cooking, no clean-up.  And no having to eat leftovers for the next week.  I am OK with one turkey sandwich the evening after the big meal... with white bread, butter, and Velveeta... but, I'm fine without that, if it means I don't have to "finish up" the pumpkin pie.  Perhaps it is unAmerican, but it takes a LOT of whipped cream for me to get down a piece of pumpkin pie.

A cool start to the day - I had to wear a sweatshirt during my morning bike ride.  What is considered "cool"?  It was 63º this morning when I got up.  I will wear long pants and dress like a grown up when we go out.

Sending out warm wishes for a joyous Thanksgiving!

--------------

On edit:

Yep, long pants and a shirt with a collar.  Hard to tell in this photo, though...


Joan always looks classy.

We had a reservation for 1:30 at Padreritagrill.  As usual, we were there a few minutes early; good thing, because I had to drive around the block to find a place to park.  When we got to the front door, the place was packed,,, as in: the party in front of us had to squeeze together a bit so we could get in the door.

Padreritegrill is pretty casual.  Ivy, the woman doing hostess duties was on it - when I asked if she need our name for the reservation, she said, "Oh, that reservation stuff went by the wayside hours ago."  No doubt she saw the look of dismay on my face, then added, "I got ya - I'll have a table for you right away."

She wasn't kidding.  Within 5 minutes (after finding a place for a party of 6, party of 4, and 3 couples - who got in the door ahead of us), she was showing us to a table.  Unless you wanted to sit outside, I didn't see any other empty tables.  As soon as a table cleared, staff was on it, and more people seated.

They had typical Thanksgiving fare: salad, deviled eggs, green beans, yams, peas, mashed potatoes, light and dark meat turkey, thick gravy, and ham.  And, dessert pies with whipped cream you added yourself.  We left with full bellies, and didn't have to cook a thing or wash a dish.  Nice way to do it.


No comments: