Thursday, November 14, 2019

And that's a wrap...


No, we aren't wrapping Christmas presents.  The guy who bought our Honda PCX (now his Honda PCX) came by this morning to pick it up.  This was the first chance he had since he paid for it, almost two weeks ago.

Yes, I was a little sad to see it go because those Hondas were such a great experience for us; but we need the space more than we need a third scoot.  He pulled up with a trailer and another small scooter on it that he had at his place here - he is taking both back to his house in the Valley.  It was pretty apparent that he has little experience hauling bikes.  He had plenty of ratchet straps, but no soft ties to put around the grips on the handlebars... those make a difference.

He had other things to do, so I didn't want to hold him up... but, I couldn't keep my mouth shut about how he was tying the scoots down: strapped from side-to-side, but nothing keeping the bikes from moving forward or backwards.  I had visions of those scoots coming off that trailer while he was driving down the Expressway.  So, it probably took twice as long as he intended... and I still wasn't completely satisfied.  But, he was.  And, they are his scoots.

One thing I was happy about: coming back into the house after being out in the cold!  Still in the low 50s here today.  I'd really like to take the scoots out for a ride to try out the new helmet communicators... soon, I hope.


No comments: