Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Do it again - we like it!


I think that might have been something the cheerleaders said when we were in high school.  It was a good cheer for today, with a reversal on the emphasis... yesterday was more about the boating, today it was more about the scooting.

I started my day off with a good workout on the e-bike.  Joan was (as usual) a whirling dervish of household chores, getting laundry, cooking, and shopping done.  We took the scoots out to enjoy another beautiful day (73º for a high today, sunshine, a light southeast breeze).  I left the cameras behind, but did take a Quad Lock tripod mount - hooking the phone into that and using my Apple Watch to fire off the shutter release...



A close-up...


The riding was good.  The helmet headsets made conversation easy.  One of us, and I won't mention his name, left his headset on when he went for a ride on Sunday... I expected the battery to be dead, but it still had 60% power left.  New stuff, new stuff to learn.

After we got home, there was still plenty of daylight left, so I got the boat ready while Joan poured sodas.  I only took one camera, the plan for this outing is just enjoying some time on the water.


A boat selfie to go with the scooter selfies...


When the dolphins come right to your boat, you have to stop and enjoy the views...



Sometimes the photographer in me still comes out: look at the rim-lighting along those dorsal fins (thanks to the sun getting low)...


We saw one other boat the whole time we were out - a small fishing boat in the ship channel, in silhouette...


Speaking of silhouettes...



Joan's silhouette from my view, left sun on my face from her view...


We looked at a couple other small pods as we motored by...


Oh, look - it's a tail waving good-bye to us.  A bit further, with the light behind us, a nice jump and another tail wave...


Looking down the ICW on the way to our canal, can you see a bit of the Queen Isabela Memorial Causeway..


By the time I rinsed off the boat and put it away, Joan was setting the table for supper.  Nice day.


No comments: