Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Are you famous?

 

If you ask kids what they want to do when they grow up, it seems like a fair percentage of them "want to be famous."

"Famous for doing what?"

"You know, like an internet influencer."

You don't hear "doctor, lawyer, cowboy, engineer"... no, they want to be famous for being famous.  Like a Kardashian.

I was out on the scoot today; Joan asked if I wanted to pick up some BBQ for lupper.  "What's lupper?" you ask.  Thanks for asking.  We will frequently do a late lunch/early supper... lupper.  I stopped at the Porky's food truck (well, a food trailer to be more accurate) to get some pulled pork, beef brisket, and a couple sides.

Porky's used to be a sit-down restaurant in PI, but they lost their lease on the building they were in.  They opted to do business out of a food trailer instead of finding another fixed location.  The BBQ tastes the same, so it doesn't matter much to me.  Their trailer is in the parking lot of a bar on SPI.  When I went up to the window to order, there was a guy sitting in one of the camp-type chairs they have so you can sit while you wait for your order.  The guy looked like he had spent a bit too much time in the bar - he was sitting up, head flopped to one side, sound asleep.  I was having the "It isn't a moped" discussion with one of the guys in the food trailer ("It's a scooter not a moped."  What's the difference?"  "What do you drive?"  "An SUV."  "What kind?"  "A Nissan 4-Runner."  "Oh, like a Versa?"  "Man, that's harsh."  "Yeah, like the difference between a moped and a scooter."  But, I digress.)

When it was my turn to order, the guy who had been asleep in the chair came up to me and asked, "Are you somebody famous?"

"Me?" I asked.

"Yeah, you look like somebody famous," he said.

I said, "You mean like Lassie?"

"Um... no, like a person.  You look famous."

"It might be the plastic 'muscles' in my riding shirt," I offered (jokingly).

"No, just everything about you."  And then he wandered off.  We're past the full moon.

I need to find some of whatever he was taking/smoking/drinking.  ;-)

 

No comments: