Sunday, November 28, 2021

Get Yer Motor Runnin'...

 

Head out on the highway... if you said, "Born To Be Wild, by Steppenwolf, 1968," you get 20 bonus points.  If you said, "It was featured in the movie Easy Rider, 1969, and is considered by some to be 'the first heavy metal song,' due to the words in the second verse: 'I like smoke and lightning, heavy metal thunder...', " you get no bonus points, but you are my people.

Last Thursday (yes, Thanksgiving Day), our weather turned crappy and has pretty much stayed that way since: overcast, occasional rain, north wind, and temps in the upper 50s to low 60s.  Needless to say, I have taken some time off the Vespa.  This morning, it was 56º when I got up, 58º when I went for a bicycle ride; still overcast.  This afternoon, the clouds broke, the sun came through, the wind was down to 15 mph out of the north still, and 63º... I put on my riding jeans and one of my motorcycle jackets with a liner and went out for some scooter time.  As usual, no particular place to go (also the title of a Chuck Berry song from 1964), but I enjoyed being out on the scoot.

Maybe it's the holiday season and people are being nicer - no one pulled out in front of me or cut me off in traffic.  One in a row!  :-)


No comments: