Friday, November 12, 2021

Nature abhors a vacuum...

 

I'm not crazy about one, either.

Joan is "the cleaner" in our family.  That's not "cleaner" as in: the person who makes all evidence of a crime scene disappear.  I'm talking about housekeeping.  This is not a "woman's work" post in any way.  I am a guy.  Thanks for noticing.  When I clean, I "guy clean."  It probably wouldn't pass inspection for an operating room, but no one will need a tetanus shot just from passing through.  Joan, on the other hand, cleans to pass a "white glove inspection.

Her shoulder has been hurting, so I offered to do the vacuuming.  Our house is small, tiled throughout, with a few rugs "for accents."  The rug in the living room is about 5'x8'; long pile (I'd call it "shag," but that sounds a bit too 70s).  The Dyson vacuum does a fine job with it.

Joan felt it was necessary to give me a 10-minute detailed instruction on "How to Vacuum."  I could have had it done in that time, but I listened intently, trying to project my best "taking it all in face."  I didn't get this much instruction the last time I flew a twin engine aircraft.  Much like that experience, I assumed there'd be a written and oral test for me to qualify.

I was pretty confident in a job well-done, but I did hold my breath while she inspected my work.  I didn't get a "you passed" nod, but she didn't re-do it, so it must have been OK.

Later, we mounted up the last of the security cameras...


Didn't really need a doorbell for the door off the deck, but we had it, so...

--------

While out for our early evening walk, Rufus fancied himself as a jungle cat...


Fortunately, there were no herds of gazelle grazing nearby.  Pretty stealthy, huh?  ;-)


 

No comments: