Wednesday, November 3, 2021

To the coach...

 

Out to the motorhome today, for the start of the winterizing process.  I gave it an exterior bath while Joan worked inside.  We drained, flushed, and drained (again) all the holding tanks.  Removed interior water filters, put some pink stuff (RV antifreeze) in each of the drains (to fill the traps).  Joan removed stuff from the overhead storage compartments, as per instructions from Winnebago, in order for them to replace the roof.

Another time, we will decide between blowing out the lines and/or filling them with the pink stuff before I take it north.

Yesterday, I had a phone conversation with one of the Customer Service guys from Winnebago, outlining what needs to be done to the coach, what we need to do before I take it there, timing; including our big question: "Do you have everything in stock that needs to be replaced?"

"Yes, we do."

The timing will put this near or over Christmas.

Back to today: Rusty told me, "Just use the hose that's by the RV pad..."  I did.  When I turned the hose on and opened the sprayer, almost as much water came back at me as was going out the front of the sprayer... soaked in a flash.  I got my keyless remote for the car and my wallet out of my pockets before they were soaked.  Then, got to spend the rest of our time there with squishy shoes.  So, that's fun.

--------

When we got home, I had an email from friends Earl and Alice... their big furry feline boy Buddy (the Lawn Puma) crossed over that Rainbow Bridge.  I had leaky eyes as I sent our condolences.  Rufus will get some extra hugs this evening, while I tell him about Buddy.  


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

We appreciate the kind words. We miss the "Big Guy" terribly, but he is at peace now. Nothing hurts him anymore. My heart is another matter entirely....

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Having been there, we so understand, Earl. Our hearts go out to you, Alice, and Lucy (yes, the furry ones miss their family, too).