Monday, November 8, 2021

ICU

 

Shorthand for "I see you," nothing whatsoever to do with that place in the hospital.

Task for today: mounting a few more cameras, lights, and a Blink doorbell on the house.  We discussed what areas we wanted to cover... I really like the idea of being able to see anyone in our driveway and the doorbell camera.  While I was up on the ladder mounting the one for the driveway, I asked Joan to try out the microphone so you can talk to whoever is skulking about in the driveway... she asked, "What do you want me to say?"

I said, "Get off my property, asshole," assuming that would be the likely use.

She said, "Get off my property, asshole."  Yep, clear as a bell.  I won't have to be like a Clint Eastwood character, telling kids to get off my lawn... we can keep track of this from anywhere, and control lighting at the same time.  Yes, we have other cameras that cover other areas... only had to rely on it once, when the neighbor allowed someone to use his boatlift, and their kids were crawling all over our dock, including hanging on the line we put across the part that opens to the water, and tying a boat off to our dock.

He put an immediate stop to that when I sent him video of the kids in action right after we got the alert.  Haven't had to deal with that again.

The cameras work.  Now, we have more coverage.  Rumor has it someone took down the line across our driveway to use it for their parking while we were gone this summer.  We could see the edge of their white pickup truck in one of our other cameras.  This camera with lights on either side will be more obvious.  Yep... ICU.


No comments: