Sunday, November 7, 2021

I could just sit around making music all day long...

 

If you said, "I Believe In Music by Mac Davis, 1970," you get 50 bonus points.  He was a prolific song-writer (In the Ghetto, Memories, Don't Cry Daddy, Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me, Watching Scottie Grow - Steph's favorite song that I played for her when she was a wee little thing) and singer.  If you asked, "Did you make some music today?"... yeah, I make some music most days.  But, today, I sat down to do some recording - first time in months.

The other evening, while surfing through YouTube, I came across some video clips from a few years ago featuring Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman.  Can you Guess Who they played for?  They made some good music, both together and separately over the years.  It inspired me to record one of their songs from back in 1969... yeah, I played it 50 years ago, but haven't played it since.

It took a few run-throughs to get get a feel for it, then I recorded a scratch track with just guitar and vocal (for the timing)... then: drums... bass... a couple electric guitar tracks... an acoustic guitar track... a main vocal track... and a couple background vocal tracks.

I finished recording the tracks today.  Just in time to watch the first episodes of the new season of Yellowstone.  I'll get around to mixing the tracks and maybe shoot some video in the next couple days.  Probably.  We'll see.  But, I had a good time messing around with the recording gear again.  Nothing for public consumption, yet.


 


No comments: