Thursday, May 9, 2019

a nice change of pace...


I had a visitor today: my friend Leonard.  Leonard is a "sometimes" neighbor (they own a home here, but it is not their only home); circumstances have kept them away more than here, but it was a delght to see my friend again.  He is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, and we can go months or years without seeing each other, and pick right back up where we left off.

It was a mutual boating interest that brought us together as friends.  He is the guy who first told me about C-Dorys when discussing the Nimble Nomad he had at the time.  We have buddy boated with Leonard and Doris with small sailboats, traded off truck and trailer while cruising the Erie Canal (separately), and generally just understood and supported each other's boating passions.  He is a good guy.

Not a change of pace: more physical therapy today.  This shit still hurts.  Another friend, Merv, tells me that I may someday forget that if/when the hip is working normally.  He did not tell me this stuff ahead of time, so I am not sure I trust him.  The PT guy and I made a "test run" out to the car... I go back to the surgeon's office for my first post-op check-up.  It was good to know that I will be able to (with a bit of help) fold myself up enough to fit in the CR-V.  I am able to get more bending in the leg, by a couple degrees - improvement!  I am hoping the trip tomorrow will be an easy outing rather than a set-back.

In the "Oh, isn't that cute?" department: after the PT session and a late lunch (Joan made us Phillie sandwiches), Rufus and I took a nap together.  Apparently, we were both on our backs, both had our mouth hanging open, and furry belly showing.  Joan did not take a photo, but I hope I have described the cuteness enough to paint the mental image.

One last change of pace: this morning, I got to my Spire Studio equipment and recorded a vocal track to go with tracks Mark sent me earlier this week.  The vocal will probably be my only contribution to this song.  Mark will need to add a keyboard solo to it (he also did the guitar and bass parts), and then I'll post it here.


No comments: