Saturday, May 25, 2019

Memories...


I kinda enjoy the FaceBook Memories it shows you when you sign on for the first time each day.  Well, most days.  Whales, boating, Izzy, Rufus, scooting... mostly fun memories ('cause that's what I post on FB).

Why, just one week ago, I was kicking butt on this hip situation.  And then, late afternoon: "pop"... it wasn't a weasel.  The stabbing pain in my hip was matched by the sinking feeling in my stomach.  The unknown, wondering what I damaged.

This past week has been a slower move forward, after that big step back.  I am not quite up to the exercise levels or the walking distance of last Saturday, but I am getting close.  There won't be another PT session until Tuesday, so I have time to work on my own.


--------------

This therapy helps, too...


Rufus is happier now that I've moved on from the walker, too - he is not a fan of that clunky sounding thing.  He is back to providing "security" as I move around the house.

----------

I have mentioned not being a "back sleeper."  In all the years I've occasionally tried to sleep on my back, it hasn't happened.  So, that has been a forced situation the past 4 weeks.  I have tried to roll onto my hip (the good one)... nope, that hurts.  Joan got a body pillow for me, and last night was the first time I was able to use it to roll onto my hip without a bunch of pain.  I slept for 2 hours... just like "the good ol' days"!

The pillow is a beast, though - it's like having a 3rd body in the bed.  Well, a 4th when you consider Rufus stakes a claim on some of the bed, too.  What?  No, I don't think Rufus would let me use him as a body pillow.


No comments: